Browse Items (3 total)

  • Tags: Catholic churches

Changing_Scene_1954_5_6_1954_023.jpg
Council Bluffs Changing Scene--From 1860-1888 St. Francis Xavier Church was located on Pearl St. just South of Willow Ave. This later became the site of the Miriam Block, which was removed in the late 1940s.

Changing_Scene_1954_4_20_1954_022.jpg
Today...even with a face lifting of new steps, added about 10 years ago, the exterior of Holy Family is much the same as when it was built in 1908.

Changing_Scene_1954_4_29__1954_021.jpg
Council Bluffs Changing Scene--Another old picture from a collection of Ray Wickham, contractor, shows Holy Family Church being completed in 1908. The unit is located at Avenue B and 23rd St.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2