Browse Items (4 total)

  • Tags: First Congregational Church

First_Congregational_Church_03_07_1959_01.jpg
Getting The Feel . . . of the new pipe organ at First Congregational Church is Mrs. T.A. Sheil, church organist, as the Rev. Harold Davenport watches over her shoulder.

First_Congregational_Church_08_30_1952_01.jpg
The First Congregational Church . . . at 611 First Ave., since 1891. However, the present edifice had four predecessors.

First_Congregational_Church_07_26_1936.jpg
Rev. George Rice, who came to Council Bluffs (then Kanesville) in 1851, and William Simpson, a Methodist missionary, who was succeeded by Rev. Moses F. Shinn, owned jointly the first non-Mormon church and school building.
It was a hewn log house at…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2