Browse Items (383 total)

  • Tags: buildings

Avoca May 1888 - Page 1.pdf
The maps were produced by the Sanborn Map Company. They were originally created for fire insurance companies to determine total liability in urban areas.

Avoca Jun 1909 - Page 1, Index & Key.pdf
The maps were produced by the Sanborn Map Company. They were originally created for fire insurance companies to determine total liability in urban areas.

Avoca Jun 1899 - Page 1, Index.pdf
The maps were produced by the Sanborn Map Company. They were originally created for fire insurance companies to determine total liability in urban areas.

UPPER BROADWAY.jpg
Photograph of Upper Broadway. East from approximately Fourth Street.

UNION PACIFIC TRANSFER.jpg
Photograph of the Union Pacific Transfer. Depot and Hotel South 21st Street and Twelfth Avenue. Closed and torn down about 1935. Later site of United States Mail Terminal.

UNION ELEVATOR.jpg
Photograph of the Union Elevator. Foot of Sixteenth Avenue.

SUBSIDIARY RESERVOIR AND PUMPING STATION.jpg
Photograph of Subsidiary Reservoir and Pumping Station. North Thirty-seventh Street near Missouri River.

ST. PAUL EPISCOPAL CHURCH.jpg
Photograph of St. Paul Episcopal Church. Located at 223 South Sixth Street. Built in 1886 and torn down in 1972. New Pottawattamie County Court House is on this site.

ST. FRANCIS XAVIER ACADEMY.jpg
Photograph of St. Francis Xavier Academy. Later St. Francis High School. It was located between South Sixth and South Seventh Streets on the north side of Fifth Avenue.

Tags: ,

SHUGART-BENO BLOCK.jpg
Photograph of the Shugart-Beno Block. Northwest corner of First Avenue and Main Street. Burned December 3, 1925.

PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH.jpg
Photograph of the Presbyterian Church. Northeast corner of South Seventh Street and Willow Avenue. First Presbyterian Church built on the same site.

PEARL STREET FROM BROADWAY.jpg
Photograph of Pearl Street from Broadway. West side. New State Savings Bank building built on this corner in 1946.

OGDEN HOTEL.jpg
Photograph of the Ogden Hotel. Southeast corner of Park Avenue and Broadway. Built in 1876.

NEW GOVERNMENT BUILDING AND POST OFFICE.jpg
Photograph of new government building and post office. Southwest corner of Sixth Street and Broadway. Dedicated in 1888. Enlarged twice. Torn down in 1950.

NEW COUNTY COURT HOUSE.jpg
Architect's drawing of the New County Court House.

MASONIC TEMPLE.jpg
Photograph of the Masonic Temple. East side of Fourth Street at Broadway Intersection. State Bank and Trust Drive in entry on this site.

HOTEL MANAWA.jpg
Photograph of Hotel Manawa. Twenty-four rooms. Burned down in 1894.

HIGH SCHOOL.jpg
Photograph of the High School. Located at the top of High School Avenue. Present site of Kirn Field.

FIRST NATIONAL BANK AND KIMBALL & CHAMP BUILDING.jpg
Photograph of First National Bank and Kimball and Champ Building. Northeast corner of Main and Broadway. Now occupied by New Inter-North Headquarters.

EAST SIDE MAIN STREET.jpg
Photograph of East side of Main Street. View north from Willow Avenue.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2