Browse Items (109 total)

  • Tags: homes

Changing_Scene_1956_5_06_1956_036.jpg
Today...the same house, with some remodeling, is the home of Mr. and Mrs. Raymond G. Peterson, 624 Oakland Ave. Noticeable differences are in the porch, the addition of a room, at right, and the absence of the stable.

Changing_Scene_1956_5_06_1956_035.jpg
Council Bluffs Changing Scene--An illustration appearing in the Historical Atlas of Iowa, printed in 1875, indicated this was the residence of C.R. Scott, Esq., of Council Bluffs. The old book belongs to Mrs. K.R. Magarrell, 1751 Canning St.

Changing_Scene_1955_12_4_1955_091.jpg
Today...the same house, with a modern look. It is now the home of Donald Brooks. The house has different siring [sic], and the fancy trim and fence have been removed.

Changing_Scene_1955_12_4_1955_090.jpg
Council Bluffs Changing Scene--Back in 1887, this house at 719 8th St., was occupied by Ole Rasmussen and his family. Typical of the times, there was a picket fence around the yard and ginger bread trim on the house. This picture belongs to Roy…

Changing_Scene_1955_10_23_1955_079.jpg
Today...the house looks like this. It is now the home of Mr. and Mrs. Frederic Schlott. The lines of the old house have ben changed so much that it bears little resemblance to the original place. In addition to remodeling the house, the Schlotts…

Changing_Scene_1955_10_23_1955_078.jpg
Council Bluffs Changing Scene--This is how the old Mynster Springs house east of Big Lake appeared in 1900. Like many of the city's older homes, it was built of brick. Note the heavy window shutters hung from the barn door type track. In the…

Changing_Scene_1953_1887_018.jpg
The A.B. Walker home stood at 705 Sixth Ave. in 1887. Building had an iron pipe fence around it. Streets were unpaved. Walker was a real estate dealer.

Changing_Scene_1953_10_22_1953_017.jpg
Things Have Changed...since large brick home [of George A. Keeline ] was torn down. Now standing on the site is the home of City Building Inspector Oscar Biesendorfer. The tree has grown.

CD_1945_Complete0000v3.pdf
R. L. Polk Council Bluffs City Directory 1945.

CD_1942_Complete0000v3.pdf
R. L. Polk Council Bluffs City Directory 1942.

CD_1941_Complete0000v3.pdf
R. L. Polk Council Bluffs City Directory 1941.

RESIDENCE OF MR. T. J. EVANS.jpg
Photograph of the residence of Mr. T. J. Evans. Corner of Oakland and Fletcher Avenues

Tags: , ,

RESIDENCE OF MR. L. W. TULLEYS.jpg
Photograph of the residence of Mr. L. W. Tulleys. 151 Park Avenue. Was converted to apartments and is now being restored. It is a registered historic landmark.

Tags: , ,

RESIDENCE OF MR. J. T. STEWART.jpg
Photograph of the residence of Mr. J. T. Stewart. 306 Bluff Street. Former Abraham Lincoln High School Gymnasium built on this site.

Tags: , ,

RESIDENCE OF MR. J. F. KIMBALL.jpg
Photograph of the residence of Mr. J. F. Kimball. 807 Fourth Avenue.

Tags: , ,

RESIDENCE OF MR. GEO A. KEELINE.jpg
Photograph of the residence of Mr. Geo. A. Keeline. 129 Park Avenue. Torn down about 1940.

Tags: , ,

RESIDENCE OF MR. G. H. CHAMP.jpg
Photograph of the residence of Mr. G. H. Champ.

Tags: , ,

RESIDENCE OF MR. F. WEIS.jpg
Photograph of the residence of Mr. F. Weis. 119 South Eighth Street.

Tags: , ,

RESIDENCE OF MR. EISEMAN.jpg
Photograph of the residence of Mr. Eiseman. 134 Park Avenue. Now an apartment house.

Tags: , ,

RESIDENCE OF MR. E. L. SHUGART.jpg
Photograph of the residence of Mr. E. L. Shugart. 600 First Avenue. Shugart Apartments on this corner now.

Tags: , ,

Output Formats

atom, csv, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2