Avoca, IA Pt 2
Standing At the Site . . . of the Avoca centennial time capsule buried in 1989 during the town's centennial celebration is Harry Wiese, 87, Avoca farmer and self-educated historian. Behind Wiese is the Pottawattamie County Courthouse built in 1885. Due to the large size of the county, courthouses were built in both Avoca and Council Bluffs for easier access by residents.
Daily Nonpareil July 18, 1976
Council Bluffs Daily Nonpareil Archives
Black and white photograph
The Council Bluffs Public Library is unaware of any claim of copyright in the images in the collection. We encourage use of these materials under the fair use clause of the Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 101 et seq). The Council Bluffs Public Library has provided in the catalog records for these materials all known information regarding the photographer or other persons associated with the materials. This information is provided as a service to aid users in determining the appropriate use of an item, but that determination ultimately rests with the user.
21 cm x 19 cm