Bluffs Scenes Soon To Be Forgotten
The Old Neumeyer House...just west of Second Street and Broadway has been a hotel since it was built in 1879 by Oscar Neumeyer. The structure originally had 88 rooms, a dining and bar areas on the ground floor and a stable in the rear. The lower level was converted to store fronts in the 1930s. It was purchased by Knox and Co. Real Estate in 1944 and closed its doors in 1967.
Daily Nonpareil February 7, 1973
Council Bluffs Daily Nonpareil Archives
Black and white photograph
Council Bluffs, Iowa
The Council Bluffs Public Library is unaware of any claim of copyright in the images in the collection. We encourage use of these materials under the fair use clause of the Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 101 et seq). The Council Bluffs Public Library has provided in the catalog records for these materials all known information regarding the photographer or other persons associated with the materials. This information is provided as a service to aid users in determining the appropriate use of an item, but that determination ultimately rests with the user.
14.5 x 9 cm