Council Bluffs Changing Scene
Council Bluffs Changing Scene--The Ogden House at Park Ave. and Broadway was one of the most popular places in Council Bluffs when this photo was taken 85 years ago. Note the people on the roof of the four-story structure. Oil lamps lighted the sidewalks, while horse drawn carriages took guests to and from the hotel. The building also a housed a sewing machine store, millinery store and print shop. This picture belongs to Mrs. D.B. Stoufer, who owns the present Ogden House. It is kept in the antique room there.
Daily Nonpareil October 3, 1954
Council Bluffs Daily Nonpareil Archives
Black and white photograph
Council Bluffs, Iowa
The Council Bluffs Public Library is unaware of any claim of copyright in the images in the collection. We encourage use of these materials under the fair use clause of the Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 101 et seq). The Council Bluffs Public Library has provided in the catalog records for these materials all known information regarding the photographer or other persons associated with the materials. This information is provided as a service to aid users in determining the appropriate use of an item, but that determination ultimately rests with the user.
19.5 x 11.75 cm