Council Bluffs Changing Scene
Council Bluffs Changing Scene: This was the first service station in Council Bluffs, according to David D. Jones of Excelsior Springs, Mo. He sent this picture to The Nonpareil via his son, Don Jones of 2422 Avenue F. David Jones, now 79, was an employee of the station on the northwest corner of Seventh Street and Broadway. He recalled that the gasoline pumps were inside the station and the hose was hauled out through a window to fill vehicles. This photo was made about 1915
Daily Nonpareil July 14, 1957
Council Bluffs Daily Nonpareil Archives
Black and white photograph
Council Bluffs, Iowa
The Council Bluffs Public Library is unaware of any claim of copyright in the images in the collection. We encourage use of these materials under the fair use clause of the Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 101 et seq). The Council Bluffs Public Library has provided in the catalog records for these materials all known information regarding the photographer or other persons associated with the materials. This information is provided as a service to aid users in determining the appropriate use of an item, but that determination ultimately rests with the user.
19.5 x 10 cm