Council Bluffs Changing Scene
Council Bluffs Changing Scene: A look at Pearl Street south from Broadway in the early 1900s shows that the horse and buggy and the high-wheeled street car were the principal means of transportation. And women were wearing dresses which practically swept the street. The old Council Bluffs Savings Bank is at the left. In the background is the tower on the Merriam Block, and at the extreme right, the Grand hotel. This picture is from the postal card collection of Arthur J. Rogers, 130 Park Ave.
Daily Nonpareil April 27, 1958
Council Bluffs Daily Nonpareil Archives
Black and white photograph
Council Bluffs, Iowa
The Council Bluffs Public Library is unaware of any claim of copyright in the images in the collection. We encourage use of these materials under the fair use clause of the Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 101 et seq). The Council Bluffs Public Library has provided in the catalog records for these materials all known information regarding the photographer or other persons associated with the materials. This information is provided as a service to aid users in determining the appropriate use of an item, but that determination ultimately rests with the user.
18.5 x 11 cm