Visiting the Library
The Library is open to the public for regular business hours!
While visiting the Library, please know:
Patrons that are fully vaccinated no longer need to wear a mask while in the library, according to CDC guidelines. Vaccinations are available to anyone age 12 and older. Please refer to the following resources to find information on COVID-19 vaccinations or to find a vaccine clinic near you:
- Vaccinate Iowa website
- State of Iowa COVID-19 Vaccine Information website
- Vaccinate Pottawattamie County website
- CDC COVID-19 Vaccination information
In order to ensure a safe experience for all, the library has made the following steps:
- High touch surfaces are being cleaned regularly, and hand sanitizer is available throughout the building.
- High touch items, such as games, toys, story and flannel bags are not available at this time.
- Public phone use is not available at this time.
- Food and drink allowed only in designated areas of the library building.
Beginning April 5, 2021, the indoor book return will be open to the public for returning library materials. To ensure a safe user experience, the library asks that all materials be returned through the book drop inside the building or at the back of the building. The library handles returned materials in accordance with the most current research on COVID-19 transmission via surfaces.
Curbside pickup service is available from 9am-6pm Monday through Thursday, 9am-5pm Friday & Saturday, and 1pm-5pm on Sunday. Request items on hold in our online catalog, and pick them up via curbside! Full instructions can be found here.
Library programs and events are offered virtually and in-person on a limited basis. Check out our events page for more information on upcoming programs.
Public computers are available for one 90-minute session per person, per day.
The Makerspace and Iowa Room are available by appointment only. Appointments can be made in advance by calling 712-323-7553 and pressing 3 for the Reference Desk.
Visit our Meeting Room page for up to date information on Meeting Room availability and usage during this time.
To learn more about Covid-19 and to find the latest related updates from health organizations, please use the following websites and resources: