Visiting the Library
The Library is open to the public for regular business hours!
While visiting the Library, please know:
- Patrons are required to wear masks and respect social distancing while in the library. The library is following CDC guidelines and requires that those age 2 and above wear a mask.
- In order to ensure a safe experience for all, the library has made the following steps:
- Food and drink are not allowed in the building.
- High touch surfaces are being cleaned regularly, and hand sanitizer is available throughout the building.
- High touch items, such as games, toys, story and flannel bags are not available at this time.
- Public phone use is not available at this time.
- Beginning April 5, 2021, the indoor book return will be open to the public for returning library materials. To ensure a safe user experience, the library asks that all materials be returned through the book drop inside the building or at the back of the building. The library handles returned materials in accordance with the most current research on Covid-19 transmission via surfaces.
- Curbside pickup service is available from 9am-6pm Monday through Thursday, 9am-5pm Friday & Saturday, and 1pm-5pm on Sunday. Request items on hold in our online catalog, and pick them up via curbside! Full instructions can be found here.
- Library programs and events are offered virtually and in-person on a limited basis. Check out our events page for more information on upcoming programs.
- Public computers are available for one 90-minute session per person, per day. Computers may be reserved up to 24 hours in advance by calling 712-323-7553, ext. 132.
- The Makerspace and Iowa Room are available by appointment only. Appointments can be made in advance by calling 712-323-7553, ext. 132.
- Visit our Meeting Room page for up to date information on Meeting Room availability and usage during this time.
To learn more about Covid-19 and to find the latest related updates from health organizations, please use the following websites and resources: