Innovation Starts Here
Projects are subject to approval by Makerspace Staff and materials used must fall within the approved materials guidelines.
While most of the equipment is only available for use during Makerspace Lab hours, some devices can be checked out for home use or field recordings. These items are also subject to the approved materials guidelines.
1.75mm PLA filament will be provided. Colors may vary. Patrons will be charged for the cost of the printing filament, at a rate of $1.00 per hour of printing, rounded to the nearest hour. Patrons who provide their own filament will not be charged. In order to for project approval, the filament must be:
- 1.75mm – 3mm PLA (polylactic acid) non-blended filament
- 1.75mm – 3mm ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) non-blended filament
- 1.75mm – 3mm PA (polyamide) non-blended filament
- 1.75mm – 3mm HIPS (high impact polystyrene) non-blended filament
A select variety of colors of embroidery thread will be provided. Colors may vary. A form of stabilizer will be provided. Patrons must provide their own fabric. In order for project approval, the fabric must be:
- Non-stretchy fabric no thicker than denim or canvas that does not pill or fray
Black and white thread will be provided. Patrons must provide their own fabric. Please see the needle and thread guide to select the correct needle and thread. Not all types needles are provided by the library. In order to use the machine, the fabric must be:
- Fabric no thicker than denim or canvas
Patrons must provide their own material. In order for project approval, the material must be:
- Paper (cardstock, construction, copy, photo paper) no thicker than 0.8mm
- Heat transfer material no thicker than 0.8mm
- Vinyl no thicker than 0.8mm
- Blades must be designed for Cameo 2
- Mats must fit the same dimensions and style of ones that fit a Cameo 2
- Pens must be designed for or are compatible with Cameo 2
Media conversion and duplication can be done for material that is not copyrighted or that you own the copyright to. Blank CDs are available to purchase for $0.50 each, blank DVDs are available to purchase for $1.00 each, and flash drives are available to purchase for $3.00 each. Patrons are encourage to bring their own storage device. Below is a list of media types that the Makerspace has the equipment to playback and convert to digital:
- Audio cassettes
- Vinyl records
Patrons may bring in other formats to convert if they provide a player that has an output option by RCA or S-Video cable.