Book a Meeting Room
Request a Meeting Room
We have plenty of rooms and resources for you to book a space in our Library. These rooms are free for nonprofit organizations to use! For the rest of the general public, there is a reasonable fee to book a space. Call us at 712-323-7553 (ext. 132) to inquire about a reservation or submit a request form using the buttons below and we will do everything we can to accommodate your needs.
Meetings cannot be booked more than 6 months in advance, and users and organizations can only book one meeting room per month. Meeting rooms are available from 9:00 a.m. to 15 mins. before we close. Room rental fees are waived for non-profit groups.
Meeting Room A
This room is ideal for a group presentation.
Meeting Room B
This room is ideal for a company lunch and learn.
Location of room: Inside front door to the right.
$45 / Half-Day
$75 / Full-Day
Equipment Available in Room:
- Apple TV
- Blu-ray Player
- Hearing Loop
- Windows 10 Computer w/ Office 2013
- VGA and HDMI plug-ins for your equipment
Meeting Room D
This room is ideal for a medium-sized group gathering.
Meeting Room E
This room is ideal for individual study or a small group meeting.
COUNCIL BLUFFS PUBLIC LIBRARY
ADMINISTRATIVE POLICY AND PROCEDURES MANUAL
A, B, D, Iowa Room
Reaffirmed: 2001, 2003, 2010
Approved as Amended: July 17, 2013, January 25, 2014, November 19, 2014, August 17, 2016, April 18, 2018
- Meeting Rooms are only to be used for meetings or study. No private social events are
allowed, (Examples of private social events are birthday parties, baby or wedding
showers, graduation parties). Meeting Rooms are not available for business promotions, to sell merchandise or services, solicit for later sales, placement of orders or client contact by commercial business. (See Solicitation Policy). Exceptions are programs or sales conducted by the Council Bluffs Friends of the Library, Council Bluffs Public Library Foundation, City Departments, or the Library Board of Trustees.
- Use of the Library Meeting Rooms by the Library, the Board of Trustees, the Library
Foundation, or the Friends of the Library, and the City of Council Bluffs will be given first priority.
- The library reserves the right to refuse or limit room use and can cancel or move any meeting.
- All Meeting Rooms must be reserved online or through the Reference Desk.
- Admission may not be charged for any events in library meeting rooms except for fundraising events sponsored by the Library that benefit the library.
- No individual or group may reassign use of the facilities t
- Rooms are available to non-profit corporations for free (defined as those entities granted tax-exempt status by the IRS under section 501(c)(3) or other tax exempt sections of the Internal Revenue Code), a candidate’s campaign committee (as defined in Iowa Code §68A.102(5)), a political committee (as defined by Iowa Code §68A.102 (18), a nonprofit citizen’s group that provides appropriate contact information, a governmental subdivision, or a department/division/bureau of a governmental subdivision.
- For-profit groups (such as businesses and law offices) are charged a nominal fee. All
fees from for-profit groups must be received by the Reference Desk before a Meeting
Room occurs. Cancelations must be received 24 hours in advance in order to receive a
- Meeting Rooms are available on equal terms to all groups in the community regardless
of the beliefs and affiliations of their members, and use by individuals or groups does not constitute an endorsement by the Library of program content or the views expressed by the participants.
- Walk-in use of the Meeting Rooms is allowable subject to availability, but walk-in groups and individuals must be willing to relinquish the room if it is needed by a group or individual that has a reservation. Walk-in requests are made at the Reference Desk.
- Rooms are not available for use as a regularly scheduled meeting, classroom or study
space. Reservations cannot be made more than 6 months in advance.
- Meeting Rooms A & B are available Monday through Saturday from 9:00 a.m. until ten
minutes before closing. Meeting Rooms C, D, & F are available any time the library is
open. Meeting set-up and clean-up must take place during regular library hours.
- No public use on Sundays without the permission of the Library Director, or director’s
- Meeting Room set-up is the responsibility of the user.
- The Library is not responsible for accidents, injury, loss or damage to individuals, the
private property of individuals or organizations or any other claims arising from the use of the Meeting Rooms.
- Damage to, or theft of Library property, including more than routine cleaning, will be the responsibility of the individual or group reserving the Meeting Room and costs will be billed accordingly and may affect future use of the rooms.
- Individuals or groups using the Meeting Rooms must comply with all applicable Library policies unless waived by the Library Board.
- Food may be brought in to Meeting Rooms A & B including catered food. With the
exception of “convenience snacks,” food being brought into Meeting Rooms D, E, and F
must be approved by staff. Convenience snacks are defined as dry snacks that have not been heated/refrigerated. Individuals or groups using the kitchenette that is available in Meeting Room B are responsible for bringing their own supplies, remove all food and drink from the premises, as the Library will not be responsible for any property of individuals or organizations that is left in the Meeting Rooms. The area must be left in a neat and clean condition. Library does not provide additional equipment (such as adapters, power cords, cables,
- Meeting Room fees and equipment options for each room can be found on the library