Book a Meeting Room
Request a Meeting Room
We have plenty of rooms and resources for you to book a space in our Library. These rooms are free for nonprofit organizations to use! For the rest of the general public, there is a reasonable fee to book a space. Call us at 712-323-7553 (ext. 132) to inquire about a reservation or submit a request form using the buttons below and we will do everything we can to accommodate your needs.
Meetings cannot be booked more than 6 months in advance, and users and organizations can only book one meeting room per month. Meeting rooms are available from 9:00 a.m. to 15 mins. before we close. Room rental fees are waived for non-profit groups.
Meeting Room A
This room is ideal for a group presentation.
Meeting Room B
This room is ideal for a company lunch and learn.
Location of room: Inside front door to the right.
$50 / Half-Day
$75 / Full-Day
Equipment Available in Room:
- Apple TV
- Blu-ray Player
- Hearing Loop
- Windows 10 Computer w/ Office 2013
- VGA and HDMI plug-ins for your equipment
Meeting Room D
This room is ideal for a medium-sized group gathering.
Meeting Room E
This room is ideal for individual study or a small group meeting.
COUNCIL BLUFFS PUBLIC LIBRARY
ADMINISTRATIVE POLICY AND PROCEDURES MANUAL
A, B, D, Iowa Room
Reaffirmed: 2001, 2003, 2010
Amended: July 17, 2013
Approved as Amended: January 25, 2014, November 19, 2014, August 17, 2016
- Meeting Rooms are only to be used for meetings or study. No social events are allowed. Meeting Rooms are not available for business promotions, to sell merchandise or services, solicit for later sales, placement of orders or client contact by commercial business. (See Solicitation Policy Exceptions are programs or sales conducted by the Council Bluffs Friends of the Library, Council Bluffs Public Library Foundation, City Departments, or the Library itself.
- Meeting Rooms are available on an equitable basis, regardless of the beliefs or affiliations of individuals or groups requesting their use.
- Use of the Meeting Rooms by individuals or groups does not constitute an endorsement by the Library of program content or the views expressed by the participants.
- All meetings must be free and open to the public.
- The Library is not responsible for accidents, injury, loss or damage to individuals, the private property of individuals or organizations or any other claims arising from the use of the Meeting Rooms.
- The Library will not be responsible for any property of individuals or organizations left in the Meeting Rooms.
- Individuals or groups using the Meeting Rooms must comply with all applicable Library policies unless waived by the Library Board.
- Smoking, alcohol, gambling or open flames (except those used by caterers for the warming of food) are not allowed. Beverages with lids are allowed. Staff must be consulted on any food that is brought into the Meeting Rooms.
- The Meeting Rooms are available Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. until ten minutes before closing.
- Reservations cannot be made more than 6 months in advance.
- All Meeting Rooms must be reserved online or through the Reference Desk.
- Use of the Meeting Rooms by non-profit groups is free. For-profit groups are charged a nominal fee.
- All fees from for-profit groups must be received by the Reference Desk before a Meeting Room may be reserved.
- Cancelations must be received 24 hours in advance in order to receive a full refund.
- An individual or group may not use the Meetings Rooms more than once a month and only for the times specifically reserved.
- Recurring meetings are not allowed.
- No individual or group may reassign use of the facilities to another.
- Use of the Library Meeting Rooms by the Library, the Board of Trustees, the Library Foundation, or the Friends of the Library will be given first priority.
- Exemptions to some of the above policies may be granted to the City of Council Bluffs, the Council Bluffs Chamber of Commerce, the Library or any group affiliated with the Library.
- Meeting Room set-up is the responsibility of the user.
- Individuals or groups using the kitchenettes that are available in Meeting Rooms A & B are responsible for bringing their own supplies and leaving the area in a neat and clean condition.
- No cooking is allowed in Meeting Rooms A & B, but food may be brought in. With the exception of “convenience snacks,” food being brought in to Meeting Room D and the Iowa Room must be approved by staff.
- Damage incurred to Library property, including more than routine cleaning, will be the responsibility of the individual or group reserving the Meeting Room and costs will be billed accordingly.
- Future use of the Meeting Rooms may be restricted if Library facilities, equipment or other property is not left in satisfactory condition or if any Library policies have been violated.
- No public use on weekends without the permission of the Library Director
MEETING ROOM AND EQUIPMENT COSTS
Use by non-profit organizations is FREE
Room Costs For-Profit organizations is:
*Meeting Room A – $50/half day $75/full day For Profit groups
*Meeting Room B – $50/half day $75/full day For Profit groups
*Meeting Room D – $15/hour
*Iowa Room – $15/hour
Equipment available in Rooms A. B & D:
Windows 7 Computer w/ Office 2010
VGA and HDMI hookups for Patron-Provided Equipment
The library will not provide staff assistance or power cords when personal equipment is brought into the rooms and used.