The Council Bluffs Public Library has designated public space individuals, groups, or organizations can use for displays that seek to educate and enrich the Community.
- Prior arrangements for all displays must be made with the Adult Programming Librarian.
- Displays, including those containing particular religious, political, social or other points of view, will be accepted only if they feature public service, cultural or historic information.
- Displays will not be accepted which advocate an affirmative or negative vote for or against any candidate or proposition, political or otherwise.
- Displays will not be accepted which advocate or solicit consideration of any item, product, or service sold by any commercial or charitable enterprise.
- Displays must fit in a library display case or library display grids, without modification to the cases or grids.
- Artistic displays may list the sale price of the item(s).
- Any and all charges or fees associated with ongoing or future activities or events promoted in the display must be included.
- Any sponsoring agencies must be indicated on the display.
- Donation boxes which accompany displays will not be accepted unless they directly benefit local service organizations or local populations.
- A display in the Library does not imply endorsement by the Library, the Board of Trustees, or the City of Council Bluffs.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for the preservation or protection of displays nor for the possible damage or theft of any item in a display.
- Items that have been defaced will be removed.
- Individuals, groups or organizations who do not remove displays by the appointed date may forfeit future use of the Library's designated public display space.
Adopted: June 17, 2009
Amended & Reapproved: January 21, 2015; January 17, 2018; March 17, 2021