Library Board of Trustees
The Council Bluffs Public Library is governed by the Board of Library Trustees and is comprised of 9 members who are appointed by the Mayor and are confirmed by City Council. Each member serves a six-year term. As defined in the Board By-laws, the primary duties of the Board include:
- Serves as a liaison between the library and the community
- Acts as a policy-making board
- Assists in budget preparation
- Control of expenditure of funds allocated to the library
- Responsible for the appointment of a librarian
Board meetings are held on the third Wednesday of the month at 4:30 pm at the Library.
Click here to download the PDF for this month’s Board Packet.