It is the mission of the Council Bluffs Public Library to enrich, inform, and empower the community. The library manages unclaimed materials according to the following guidelines:
• Items or money found within the library facility or on library property, with the exception of perishable items, will be treated with the assumption that the original owner will return to claim the lost item. If the owner of lost items can be identified, efforts will be made to contact the person.
• Items that remain unclaimed after 30 days will be discarded, recycled or donated at the discretion of the staff.
- Perishable items will be discarded immediately.
- Any money that remain unclaimed after 30 days will be donated to the Council Bluffs Public Library Foundation.
- Any books and materials that remain unclaimed after 30 days will be donated to the Friends of the Council Bluffs Public Library.
- Due to patron privacy and security, flash drives left at the library will not be accessed to determine ownership and will be disposed of after 30 days.
Adopted: January 20, 2016
Approved: January 16, 2019; September 23, 2022